Package proposal: vnstat

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Feb 24 11:55:41 UTC 2005

Adrian Reber wrote :

> vnstat: A console-based network traffic monitor
>
> http://lisas.de/~adrian/rpm/vnstat-1.4-1.src.rpm
>
> http://humdi.net/vnstat/

Looks good to me, just a few minor comments :

- Would you mind dropping the "# -------- ..." lines from the spec?
- Do you prefer having the version hardcoded in the source line?
- I'd remove the leading "A" from the summary "A console-based...".
- I'd remove the "In short," from the description.
- It's not technically a daemon, so "System Environment/Daemons"
  doesn't seem the most appropriate group.

Also, maybe have the cron entry use a sysconfig file with a list of
interfaces to watch (defaulting to only eth0) would be a good idea?

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.766_FC3
Load : 0.50 0.80 0.99