vice in extras

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sun Feb 27 21:49:27 UTC 2005

2 questions:

1a) Are vintage hardware emulators all dubbed grey-area and thus not
distributable, or only those which need / are shipped with bios ROMS?

1b) And what about those for which the BIOS / ROMS have been set free
explicitly?

2) Since atleast a number of emulators are dubbed gray area, is anyone
willing to host a Fedora compatible (but not Fedora) RPMS repository
like livna, but then specific for emulators? I'll gladly volunteer to
maintain a couple of emulator packages, xmame comes to mind :)

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

I know this might be best discussed elsewhere due to legal concerns, so:
- the above is strictly my personal opinion and in way related to RedHat
and/or the Fedora project
- please keep possible legal concerns in mind when replying and/or reply
with a private mail.