Re: vice in extras

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 09:40 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:

>Distributing emulators with copyrighted rom images without permission
>isn't really gray anymore, but just plain wrong, but what about
>distributing emulators without any roms.

No. Because its still legal gray area. Contributory infringement is the
very definition of "legal gray area".

Unless you can get written approval for unlimited open source
distribution from the trademark/copyright holders for both the machine
being emulated and the ROMS it would run, it can't live here.

I love vintage computing and emulation too, but unlike Debian, Red Hat
CAN get sued.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!