bug #149713

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Mon Feb 28 16:50:59 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 04:04:09PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > I don't think we can expect an extras packager to fix upstream bugs in the
> > code, packagers deal with *packaging* bugs. If the packager *can* fix bugs
> > (and certainly many can, to some extent at least) then fine, but me thinks
> > things like this can safely be closed with "please report upstream
> > instead" unless the bug is caused by FE-specific changes to the software.
>
> In the case of _real_ bugs, I disagree. Part of the job of packaging is
> to make sure bugs get fixed and fed upstream. It's not just grunt-work.

Thanks for all your feedback. As the bug in this case is pretty simple to
fix I will just fix it and try to get feedback from the reporter. I am
not sure if I will feed it upstream because in this special case the
error is in the gtk2 smooth engine which is now already part of
gtk2-engines-2.6.0 where this bugs seems to be fixed.
In fact all theme engines from gnome-themes-extras will be in
gtk2-engines for FC4/FE4.

		Adrian

--
Adrian Reber <adrian at lisas.de>            http://lisas.de/~adrian/
We don't really understand it, so we'll give it to the programmers.