Synaptic needs to rebuilt against new apt on pre-extras

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Tue Jan 18 11:20:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Alex Lancaster wrote:

> I just used the new pre-extras apt mirror at download.fedora.us to do
> an upgrade and for some reason when it upgraded apt, it wanted to
> removed synaptic!
> So after upgrading apt (and removing synaptic), I tried re-installing
> synaptic and it appears that synaptic needs to be rebuilt against the
> new apt:

Oh, indeed. Seth: don't bother rebuilding the rather ancient version of
Synaptic currently in pre-extras, somebody with CVS commit access should
import a current version of it to CVS (I think Ville is about to do this
but the sooner the better...):
http://fedora.laiskiainen.org/SRPMS.extras/synaptic-0.55.3-1.src.rpm

 	- Panu -