cvs use and branches/dirs

Toshio toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Thu Jan 27 19:20:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 13:15 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> Hey,
>  since we're rapidly approaching fc4test1  - would it make sense to make
> an FC3 dir now and do FC3  builds for extras from there and devel/fc4
> from the devel dir?
>
> so we can separate the evrs, now?

FWIW, yes.

In the future, it would be nice to have a split when a release is pushed
or when rawhide goes into release freeze (So we'd get an FC4 and devel
branch just before FC4 is out.)  This way, those who are working on
packaging for the latest release can do so while those packaging for the
latest release +1 can also work.  Maybe it doesn't make as much sense
for Extras as for Core, but I think it's still good so anything that
breaks in the rush of changes just after release can be accommodated.

-Toshio