Possible new imports

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jan 28 16:49:36 UTC 2005

Matthias Saou wrote :

> Here are some "new" packages I already have and would like to import into
> Extras. Maybe some were already the centrer of ongoing fedora.us bugs, so
> I'm posting here before just in case :
>
> php-eaccelerator
> (this one is picking up where php-mmcache left off)
>
> SDL_gfx
> (required by my latest perl-SDL package)
>
> Gtk-Perl
> (old RH package still required by frozen-bubble)
>
> liboil
> (library required by newest versions of swfdec)
>
> perl-libintl
> (perl module for i18n required by dvd::rip)
>
> AFAICS, no legal blur, no major conflicts... all pretty simple.

Replying to myself, just to point out that as there were no objections,
I've imported them all. The "Gtk-Perl" kept its old name (wasn't renamed to
perl-gtk or similar) since it's a "legacy" package, really not worth
bothering.

Now the next package I'd like to import is yasm, a BSD-licensed rewrite of
nasm with a wider architecture scope (x86_64 and ppc most notably). It is
now used by the development branch of the XviD codec for its assembler
routines on x86_64 and ppc.
The license is ok, there is no file overlap with nasm whatsoever, so it
seems like a good candidate.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.753_FC3
Load : 1.04 1.01 0.83