Request for review: koffice

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jul 1 13:57:11 UTC 2005

Andreas Bierfert wrote:

> http://fedora.lowlatency.de/review/koffice.spec
> http://fedora.lowlatency.de/review/koffice-1.4.0a-1.src.rpm

0. Epoch:  Just and FYI... previous koffice pkgs had
Epoch: 4
but since you're splitting things up, you can probably get away with
omitting this legacy crud (see 1. Obsoletes below)

1.  Please use versioned Obsoletes:
-Obsoletes: koffice
+Obsoletes: koffice <= 4:%{version}-%{release}

And (mispelled/typo)
-Obsoletes: koffice-k18n
+Obsoletes: koffice-i18n < 4:%{version}
IMO, should be moved to the langpacks(??), but I wouldn't technically
say it's wrong to include it in -core either (since it still works, and
is much simpler since it avoids many duplicated Obsoletes in each langpack).

2.  Use %lang(_locale_) in %files section for all
%{_datadir}/locale/_locale_/LC_MESSAGES/*
%{_datadir}/doc/HTML/_locale_/*
bits, e.g.
%lang(de) %{_datadir}/locale/de/*
%lang(de) %{_datadir}/doc/HTML/de/*

3.  Extra BuildRequires.  I'm pretty sure these are extraneous and can
be omitted: (though it's not a huge deal, it's mostly harmless to
include extra BR's):
BuildRequires:  kdebase-devel
BuildRequires:  qt-devel (Req'd by kdelibs-devel already)
BuildRequires:  glib2-devel (wv2-devel use this, it should pull it in)
BuildRequires:  libidn-devel
# (can omit gamin-devel when http://bugzilla.redhat.com/159090 is fixed)
BuildRequires:  gamin-devel
BuildRequires:  libstdc++-devel
# audio libs?
BuildRequires:  alsa-lib-devel
BuildRequires:  libvorbis-devel
BuildRequires:  libogg-devel
BuildRequires:  arts-devel (Req'd by kdelibs-devel)
BuildRequires:  esound-devel

-- Rex