Request for Review: Rekall and dependencies

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Fri Jul 1 15:14:04 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 10:31:58PM -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> xbase: XBase compatible database library and tools
>
> XBase is an xbase (i.e. dBase, FoxPro, etc.) compatible C++ class
> library originally by Gary Kunkel and others (see the AUTHORS file).
>
> XBase is useful for accessing data in legacy dBase 3 and 4 database
> files as well as a general light-weight database engine.  It includes
> support for DBF (dBase version 3 and 4) data files, NDX and NTX indexes,
> and DBT (dBase version 3 and 4).  It supports file and record locking
> under *nix OS's.
>
> SRPM: http://auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/xbase-2.0.0-1.src.rpm
> SPEC: http://auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/xbase.spec

rpmlint complains about:
W: xbase invalid-license LGPL (binaries GPL)

but I wouldn't see this as a blocker

+ source matches upstream
+ builds in mock
+ -devel subpackage with .a, .so, headers and documentation

- builds not on my system because of missing BR: doxygen

According to http://fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/4/i386/buildroots.xml
doxygen is part of build and therefore it works in mock. But as it is
not part of
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines#head-5e0efda65c4d4266d60c269ced6ea1c28051cb6e
I think it has to be added.

Maybe only the html documentation or the latex should be part of the
package and not both. Especially as the tex files are not compiled it
probably makes more sense to only include the html docs.

		Adrian

--
Adrian Reber <adrian at lisas.de>            http://lisas.de/~adrian/
   A voice crackles in Calvin's radio: