problem with rpmlib

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Jul 4 06:49:42 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 02:09 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> On 07/04/2005 12:50 AM, luya at jpopmail.com wrote:
>
> >When building a package(gdesklets in this case) with fedora-rpmdevtools, I got a odd error related to rpmlib
> >
> >---
> >Provides: ewmh.so.debug gtop.so.debug svg.so.debug systray.so.debug tiling.so.debug
> >Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
> >Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files /var/tmp/gdesklets-0.35.1-1.rf-root
> >error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
> >   /usr/share/mime/aliases
> >   /usr/share/mime/subclasses
> >
> >---
> >
> >Does anyone know how to solve that issue on Fedora Core 4?
> >

> Make sure those files are listed in %files

I suspect they are not suppose to be owned by the package, but rather,
are suppose to be modified by the package - which means they should be
in a %post script

[mpeters at laptop ~]$ rpm -qf /usr/share/mime/aliases
file /usr/share/mime/aliases is not owned by any package
[mpeters at laptop ~]$ rpm -qf /usr/share/mime/subclasses
file /usr/share/mime/subclasses is not owned by any package
[mpeters at laptop ~]$

Either through a configure switch or patch, or even deletion during %
install, the files should be removed from the buildroot. The makefile
should be read so that the aliases and subclasses can be properly
modified by %post script (which probably should involve a grep -c to
make sure the entries aren't already there)

There may be a tool designed specifically to deal with those files that
may make things easier.
I thought there was - desktop-mime-install or something like that.