Request for Review: opendap

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Jul 8 01:22:44 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 19:15 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> In a stunning blast from the past, I present... opendap!
> SRPM:
> http://www.auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/opendap-3.4.4-4.src.rpm

Hi Spot,

I'll put the bad first since its very easily fixed:

Bad:
 - please change:
     install -m755 include/* $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_includedir}/opendap
   to:
     install -m644 include/* $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_includedir}/opendap
 - missing:  BuildRequires: libxml2-devel

Not-sure:
 - lots of warnings about stuff like redefinitions of
     _REENTRANT but I suppose we can ignore them since
     they don't look security related

Good:
 - all the stuff I whined about in the earlier emails
     appears to be fixed :-)
 - no (other than above perms) complaints from rpmlint
 - spec looks good
 - licenses OK
 - no *.la installed
 - all dirs are owned
 - on FC3 and FC4 on i386:  it builds, installs, and all the
     binaries that I tried worked (no more seg faults)
 - BONUS: yes, it does work nicely with the in-progress
     nco package

Sorry, I just don't have enough time right now to setup and play with
the server parts.  But that can be tested later and shouldn't block the
other two packages in any case.

I'll send an approved message next.

Ed

--