nvu

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jul 8 14:25:17 UTC 2005

Christopher Aillon wrote :

> >The only major blocker I saw was that without --disable-crypto, the build
> >failed on FC4 i386, on a .h file which is identical to the one in the
> >1.0.4 firefox tree, go figure.
> >

> Interesting -- got a build log?  Crypto is probably something we'd want
> to support here for pushing to some things such as krb5 realms, etc.
> (not sure if that's even an option in today's nvu, but still...)

Check the new nvu-1.0-0.1.i386-crypto-failed.log.gz here :

http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/testing/4/nvu/

> I'd suggest:
>
> Name=Nvu Web Authoring Tool
> GenericName=Web Authoring Tool

OK, changed.

> Do we have all the pango patches we need to --enable-pango?  Not sure whether those made it into nvu's branch or not, but we should add them if not.  Especially so for rawhide, since the removal of xft caused text to not render properly in firefox without the latest patch in the rawhide RPM (firefox-1.0-pango-cairo.patch).
>
> You'll probably also need some of the patches requried to compile firefox on rawhide (the gcc4 patches, prdtoa patches, etc).
>
> I'll do a more formal review when you're ready.

Well, from my POV the package is "ready" since it builds fine on FC4 and
runs fine based on the testing I've done. But checking made by people who
know the problems that might be encountered (pango for instance), would be
a good thing, so don't hesitate to do some testing, and comment :-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.35_FC3
Load : 2.08 2.14 2.27