Request for additional reviews of glabels.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 17:48:53 UTC 2005

On 7/8/05, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 17:54 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > Now that glabels is in extras cvs, anyone have any additional comments
> > before I request builds?
> Two minor issues:
>
> %doc %{_mandir}/man1/glabels.1*
> The %doc on this line is redundant (files under %_mandir automatically
> are docs).

I'll make that correction in the cvs spec file so its ready to roll in
the next build.

> %doc %{_datadir}/gnome/help/glabels/
> I would not mark "help files" %doc, because references to them are not
> unlikely to be hard-coded into the application. So, if a user installs
> the package with "--excludedocs", he could end up with a broken
> application (I haven't actually tried with this package).

I'm not sure about what the most correct thing to do in this case is.
It doesnt appear to break anything for this appliction specifically,
as far as I've tried.  I'll gladly conform to whatever the seemingly
rational consensous is on the subject of marking help files as docs or
not.

-jef