http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/

Eric R. Meyers ermeyers at adelphia.net
Sat Jul 9 10:19:08 UTC 2005

On Friday 08 July 2005 19:16, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 7/8/05, Eric R. Meyers <ermeyers at adelphia.net> wrote:
> > This comps.xml based list of groups might take a chunk out of the large
> > number of unassigned packages.
>
> But the trick is... who is going to take the time to keep the
> comps.xml file editted?
> Or have you thought of a way to incorporate a scripted action into the
> cvs environment so that individual mainainters can add/remove their
> packages to a defined group in a semi-automatic way?
> Something like:
> make groupadd "Games"
> make groupremove "office"
>
> from inside the local checkout of the cvs tree for a package
>
> -jef

Jeff, (and others)

I don't know what the big answer is.  The idea is that there are 1031 of 1251
packages in Fedora-Extras that are in __nogroup__.  You may or may not be
thinking too complicated, because of your bigger picture, CVS perspective.
I'm not there, because I'm new to your group.  Seth only suggested that I
start by taking a look at comps.xml's list of groups, and he did not tell me
what to do with it, or what to do.

I know that if you add the group Desktops, then __nogroup__ will lose a few
items.  For example.

Thanks for you response.
--
Eric R. Meyers