Request for review: cogito

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Jul 11 07:46:31 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 18:54 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> - Is the Obsoletes: git needed?  In my limited knowledge, I'm just
> wondering if this will cause upgrade problems when/if cogito and git are
> split into separate packages in the future.

Isn't the standard thing to do here to use a versioned Obsoletes:, plus
a Provides:?

e.g.
Obsoletes:	git < %{version}-%{release}
Provides:	git

So a later-versioned package can split git off into a separate package
and not be obsoleted by this one, and anything that depends on git can
be satisfied by installing this package.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>