New Package: git

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Mon Jul 11 20:30:21 UTC 2005

>>> SRPM: http://www.herr-schmitt.de/pub/git/git-0.99-1.src.rpm
>>> SPEC: http://www.herr-schmitt.de/pub/git/git.spec
>>
>>That version just showed up yesterday and hasn't been "officially"
>>released yet, right?
>
> Can you tell my your source from which you known, that this is
> not a official released version.

There hasn't been an announce message on the git mailing list, and there
is no tarball.  Those RPMs are trial RPMs, as specified in this thread:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=git&m=112104471808807&w=2

Plus, those were just built yesterday.  From the same thread as above, it
almost seems as if Linus is trying to pave the way for cogito to be
separated.  Perhaps we should have some patience and wait for a few more
days to see what develops.

josh