http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 22:01:01 UTC 2005

On 7/13/05, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> Generally, all additions to existing groups are optional, and mandatory
> is only reserved for groups that are separate to Extras (for example,
> mandatory could be used for packages in the XFCE group.)

I'm more than happy to help out editting comps to include optional
members of a group and personally ignoring all requests for any other
designation.

But I'm not sure what to do about any requests to add a new group. The
groupname space is wholely without rhyme nor reason.  Even Core groups
do not fit in a simple paradigm which can be used as a guide.

And I weary of creating a group that put a "small" set of similar but
unrelated packages together just because it can be done. An explosion
of lots and lots of tiny groups is probably worth avoiding... unless
you share my dream to see xsnow, xwaves and oneko together under the
group heading "Pointless X root window toys".

-jef