Ownership claim: MagicPoint

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 00:57:33 UTC 2005

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> I expected issues would be found and that the package wouldn't respect
> the packaging guidelines, but I point out that I merely used Red Hat's
> spec, instead of following a fresh approach. Maybe I should make a new
> one based on the template and working my way over from it.

Many of Red Hat's packages in the past were poorly made, especially from
a reproducibility standpoint.  The Fedora Extras packaging standards
encourage the improvement of packages across the board, and this has
been slowly seeping into Core over the past 2 years.

Pointing to a Red Hat is not an excuse not to read and follow the rules.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com