Request for review: koffice

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 09:34:09 UTC 2005

Andreas Bierfert wrote:
> Warren Togami wrote:
>
>>BTW where is the latest version of your package?  I have no idea where
>>to download it.  The Epoch related changes suggested by Rex earlier in
>>the thread looked potentially wrong to me, so I want to see the latest
>>version of the package in order to test it.
>

> Due to all the lang packages I did not put explicit URLs up... you can
> get all srpms at http://fedora.lowlatency.de/review/ . Let me know what
> you think.

Just confirming what I see, you managed to get rid of the Epoch by
getting rid of the binary RPM called "koffice" and "koffice-i18n" and
replacing it with koffice-core and many other sub-packages?

I never seen that before.  I suppose that works ... creative way to get
rid of the Epoch.  Not sure if we want to encourage this in other
packages though.  I suppose the -core precedent matches openoffice.org
so this is OK in this case.

What happens if someone using FC3 does a yum upgrade to FC4, does this
koffice automatically pull in koffice-core and equivalent functionality
that was working before?

Is koffice-core useful for anything on its own?  Not a huge problem...
but it sounds like a lot of work for a user to install the entire suite.

Maybe koffice-core would be more accurately named koffice-libs?  Just an
idea.

It appears that 1.4b is available upstream, with more bug fixes?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com