Request for review: tcllib

Michael Thomas wart at kobold.org
Fri Jul 22 18:54:45 UTC 2005

Jens Petersen wrote:
> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:38:50 -0700, Michael Thomas wrote:
>>

>>>I just discovered that tcllib-1.3 was in FC1 but later removed.  I've
>>>imported tcllib -1.7 into CVS and now need a review:
>

> Right: sorry I meant to follow up earlier...
>

>>But where does tcllib come from?  It's not in the FC1 package list. It
>>doesn't list a Red Hat engineer in the spec changelog. It looks like it
>>might come from the fedora.us QA queue, as it's not in the list of
>>released fedora.us packages either.
>

> tcllib was part of the jumbo tcltk package until FC1.
> When tcltk was split up into separate source packages
> tcllib was dropped from Core.  Later a few people requested
> it back, but it was suggested that it should into Extras.
> And here we are. :-)

The tcllib rpm originally came from here:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/tcllib-1.3-93.i386.rpm

The RPM that I generated was not based on the FC1 package, but on an
updated package written by Jean-Luc Fontaine.

I thought I needed to get an explicit APPROVE before I could request a
build.  If that's not the case then I'll go ahead and update
owners.list, request a FC4 branch, and then request builds for both FC4
and devel.

--Mike