Core and Extras maintainers coordination

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Jul 23 10:30:49 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 16:58 -0700, Nathan Grennan wrote:

>   Actually, a simpler way to deal with the tag issue I bring up would be
> to just use the Provider tag that already exists. It's current use of
> Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
> seems pretty worthless. If it was replaced with the maintainer, it would
> just work.

In my opinion (agreeing wholeheartedly with contacting the maintainer in
personal mail being a last resort), the above is exactly the correct
value for it.  For Extras, a similar one should be also added.

And FWIW, the semantics of "Packager" as defined by max-rpm is the
entity who _built_ the package in question, not someone who modified the
specfile nor who maintains the package.