clamd handicraft work

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun Jul 24 10:00:23 UTC 2005

steve at silug.org (Steven Pritchard) writes:

>> I have made my own clamav-amavis package. In the process I found the
>> wrapper setup a little bit more complex than it needed to be, but got
>> it working. Below is a link to my source rpm. Please review it.
>
> I don't really think that's a good idea.  The amavisd-new package I'm
> working on includes all the clamav integration.

I can not say if it would be better to do the clamav-amavisd integration
in an own src.rpm, or in the amavisd-new src.rpm.

But I would prefer when the clamav related data and deps are in a
separate (sub)package. Packaging should keep dependencies as minimal
as possible: when non-core functionality has additional non-trivial
deps, this functionality should go into a separate subpackage.

Defining "non-trivial deps" is not trivial ;), but e.g. zlib or readline
would be trivial deps, while 'perl', 'python' or other Fedora Extras
packages are non-trivial deps.

Enrico