Request for review: glpk -AND- shared vs static libs in Extras

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Jul 26 15:52:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 11:29 -0400, Ed Hill wrote:

> So now I'm worried about the amount of effort it will take to patch
> things to use shared libs if static libs are "banished" by policy.

Let me put that clear: I don't want to "banished" them, I would like to
see "static libs removed when possible".

> Perhaps there is some way that folks can choose between:
>
>  1) using only shared libs or
BTW: Unless a package explicitly tries to link against static libraries
(--static), for libraries having been shipped as static and shared
libraries, the shared libraries will be used by default.

Ralf