Any tips or guidelines for creating ruby packages?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 01:52:07 UTC 2005

On 7/27/05, Tom 'spot' Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> Well, I don't think rpm understands ruby(function), and there are no
> pre-existant macros that I'm aware of. But otherwise, the perl model
> should be sufficient.

Sounds to me like there's a lot of discussion that needs to be done..
before anyone could make a legit stab at getting ruby-gnome2 packaged
up as a set of packages to be used as a dependencies for applications
like alexandria.

the ruby-gnome2 tarball builds pretty easily but I'd hate to make
arbitrary packaging choices when trying to split that up into packages
that gets enshrined as policy.

-jef"Curses notting for telling him about alexandria..  and is kicking
himself for showing his wife alexandria which is now her most used
application"spaleta