WINE

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Fri Jul 29 19:07:16 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 13:23 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 20:06 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>
> > I'm sure numerous people don't care at all about the GL part (people
> > using notes under linux...). It's not nice to put wine in livna and make
> > it depend on nvidia's closed stuff. If it's so important, why no put
> > wine in FE and rebuild a special version (other package name) in
> > livna ?
>
> We could probably do that.
>
> Wine in FE. WineGL in Livna.

I don't think we need to do this as all other projects using GL seem to
manage with being compiled against normal Mesa libGL* and then run
against nVidia's libGL*. From what I've seen the symbols used aren't in
the applications' code but get automatically linked when compiling
against nVidia's libGL*. There's simply no need to limit 3D to owners of
nVidia cards if all the game producers get by without resorting to that.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com