Request for Approval: Nessus packages

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Fri Jul 1 09:26:47 UTC 2005

Hi Kyle,

kapointer at charter.net said:
> If someone would at least look at them I would greatly appreciate it.

Ok, I started to have a look in libnasl :)

Release: should not be fc4, but a number.  The .fc4 will come when you add the
%{?dist} macro when the package is approved.

Source0: should contain a full URL (if possible)

I do not think you need "Requires: nessus-libraries" and
"Prereq: nessus-libraries".  RPM should figure that out on its own.

Since you have a "BuildPrereq: nessus-libraries", I suspect nessus-libraries
should be split and contain a -devel part.  Then you'd write:
BuildRequires: nessus-libraries-devel
(BuildRequires seems to be preferred over BuildPrereq)

Canonical buildroot is:
BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)

%install should start with
rm -rf ${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}

%clean should contain
rm -rf ${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}

%post is empty and should be discarded, but since you add a shared library,
you need:
%post -p /sbin/ldconfig
%postun -p /sbin/ldconfig

Please use macros instead of absolute pathnames (e.g., %{_bindir} instead of
/usr/bin, etc.)

Do not package libnasl.la (i.e., remove it in %install)

Since you have a shared lib, there is in principle no need to also package
libnasl.a

Do not put manpages as %doc.

Probably add some files in %doc (VERSION, COPYING, nasl_guide.tex, ...)

Add version-release to your changelogs.

Please update (also other nessus packages, suing the same ideas),
and I'll re-review...

Cheers,
					Christian