build failure

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Jul 1 12:07:27 UTC 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 23:18:25 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> I got notice of build failure of konversation  error was on x86_64
>
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.2) (library qt-mt) not found.
> Please check your installation!
> For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
> Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.76230 (%build)
>

> RPM build errors:
>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.76230 (%build)
>
> Qt  on x86_64  should be there  looks like it was ok on x86 and ppc.  should i
> submit a new build request?

It would give the same results. What you would need is a copy of the
config.log, as most likely the configure script once again failed to find
Qt in /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib and either looked in /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib64
or somewhere else. I've seen this before and fixed it in some packages,
but I don't have an x86_64 machine for real experiments. For a
trial-and-error fix attempt, try copying from amarok.spec, where I chose
to set $QTLIB and $QTINC to make it build, so we could move on. If that
doesn't fix it, a closer look might be necessary (also examining build
behaviour in multilib installations).

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux 2.6.11-1.35_FC3