Request for review: koffice

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jul 1 12:39:27 UTC 2005

Andreas Bierfert wrote:

> Rex Dieter wrote:

>>For the love of all that is holy, please package the langpack files
>>separately (altogether or separate src.rpm's I don't care, just as long
>>as they are .noarch.rpm's), and follow upstream naming.

> Befor I do that...
> - - build of language stuff ties in with koffice nicely

And what if a patch is released for a single koffice-l10
tarball/language?  You'll to rebuild *the whole friggin thing*.

Besides, the koffice lang packages *really* should be noarch (and could
possibly be shared among all distro/releases/archs).

> - - ooo langpack files are within the main package as well

AFAICT, no they aren't.  ???

> - - naming is exactly like ooo naming which IMHO is better for fedora users

ooo doesn't have separate, upstream language packs.  Apples/Oranges.

-- Rex