Request for review: perl-Number-Compare

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Jul 1 14:20:08 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 14:57 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 13:56:35 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:

> If you don't want backwards compatbility, you can put %check and
> %install and %clean in any order you like and you don't need the "|| :"
> on the %check line.
The latter is what I am going to use in future, striving for
RH-7.3/rpm-4.0 or rpm-3.x compatibility doesn't seem reasonable to me.

These ancient rpm-versions are sufficiently incompatible to current
versions of rpm that trying to strive for compatibility will fail at
other places (Eg. in some of these rpm versions, %configure / %
makeinstall had been broken, in others, conditionals (%if etc.) weren't
functional etc. etc.).

Ralf