Request for review: pygsl

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Fri Jul 1 16:09:18 UTC 2005

Michael Schwendt wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:48:25 +0100, José Matos wrote:
>
>> http://www.fc.up.pt/pessoas/jamatos/pygsl.spec
>> http://www.fc.up.pt/pessoas/jamatos/pygsl-0.3.2-1.src.rpm
>
> Hmm, may I add that it is preferred form during reviewing to bump release
> with every package revision? I just arrived at Tom's review, clicked on
> above link and found a spec file which doesn't match the reviewed
> items.

  Believe me it was unintentional.

  Before sending the message I have placed the version that Tom saw, while
using mock I found some of the mistakes that Tom pointed. I have upload the
new version to a machine that sits in between and where I must run manually
a script to force the update. I forgot it, my bad.

  After sending the message Tom saw the first version, since an update is
done automatically before you look to it the second version replace the
first.

  During all this time I was away from the computer... :-)

> E.g. Tom points out that the pygsl directory is not included in the
> package. Contrary to that, in the spec I see that the directory is
> included, but no files at all:
>
> %files
> %defattr(-,root,root)
> %doc ChangeLog README CREDITS doc/ examples/
> %dir %{python_sitelib}/pygsl
>
> Should be:
>
> %files
> %defattr(-,root,root)
> %doc ChangeLog README CREDITS doc/ examples/
> %{python_sitelib}/pygsl/

  You are right I knew that one of the lines implied the other and as usual
I chose the wrong option.

> [...]
>
> Without intentions to review this, I noticed:
>
> %install
> python setup.py install -O1 --skip-build --root=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT
>
> Should be:
>
> %install
> rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
> python setup.py install -O1 --skip-build --root=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT

  OK. Thank you.

--
José Abílio