Trademarks

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Jul 2 11:22:48 UTC 2005

Should one acknowledge trademarks somehow in all package summaries and
descriptions in Extras?  I think yes, but I don't see this mentioned in
the Wiki anywhere, and there are many packages that would need to be
updated wrt. this.

For example, I'm committing an update to the kernel-module-thinkpad in a
jiffy, with the following summary and description.  Would this be
ok/needed in all packages that refer to US/other trademarks, or is it
possible to have a "blanket trademark acknowledgement" somewhere?  Or
something else?

(The last blurb below comes from Lenovo's trademark usage guidelines.)

----

%description
This package contains kernel modules that interface the System
Management Application Program Interface (SMAPI) BIOS found in some
ThinkPad® laptop computers, and drivers for certain ThinkPad hardware
components.

ThinkPad is a registered trademark of Lenovo in the United States,
other countries, or both.