Request for Approval: Nessus packages

Dawid Gajownik gajownik at fedora.pl
Sat Jul 2 12:15:49 UTC 2005

Dnia 06/30/2005 04:21 AM, Użytkownik Kyle Pointer napisał:

> If someone would at least look at them I would greatly appreciate it.

	Christian pointed you almost all problems :) I'll add:
- timestamps in SRPMs are not preserved:
	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines#Timestamps
- use "%setup -q -n %{name}"
	"cd nessus-libraries" will be not needed then.
- missing BuildRequires: use fedora-rmdevelrpms
	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines#Requires
	You should also take a look at nessus-config and nasl-config 			scripts
(--cflags and --libs options)
- try to use system libraries:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines#SystemLibraryDuplication
	You should use "--disable-nessuspcap" option
	(BTW --disable-static would be also nice)
- when it's possible, turn on parallel building:
	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines#parallelmake
	(libnasl does not like it)
- use rpmlint: it's a very useful tool :)
	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines#rpmlint

	I have made libnasl.spec and nessus-libraries.spec:
http://80.55.221.90/~gajownik/linux/RPMS/nessus/ -- feel free to use
them ;) I'm a dumb packager and I know almost nothing about C/C++
programming, so I'm afraid of taking responsibility for maintaining
programs in Fedora Extras :P

	BTW may someone review my specs? I could have done something stupid :/

	There is one glitch with libnasl: should I redefine _localstatedir to
/var/lib like it's done in PLD's spec file? rpmlint does not like
nessus_org.pem in /var/nessus/ :/

	Right now I'm fighting with nessus-core.spec :D I think that you should
split this package into client and daemon. I don't know how to name them:
- like in Debian:	nessusd and nessus
- like in PLD/Mandriva:	nessusd and nessus-client

	Should client package provide only GTK+ client (like in Debian) or both
GTK+ and text client (like in PLD/Mandriva)?

http://search.rpmseek.com/search.html?hl=com&cs=nessus:PN:0:0:0:0

I'll try to make rest of spec files.

	Oh, and the last question: should I use %{__make} macro or simle "make"
is sufficient?

	Dawid
--

   ^_*