Request for Approval: Nessus packages

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sat Jul 2 23:42:38 UTC 2005

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 00:56:12 +0200, Christian.Iseli at licr.org wrote:

> Hi Dawid,
>
> gajownik at fedora.pl said:
> > 	Should client package provide only GTK+ client (like in Debian) or both
> > GTK+ and text client (like in PLD/Mandriva)?
>
> Well, if I can have my say: I'd say both :-)
>
> > Oh, and the last question: should I use %{__make} macro or simle "make"  is
> > sufficient?
>
> The preferred form is:
> %{__make} %{?_smp_mflags}

Use simple "make", but add SMP make flags unless they cause make to fail.
It is up to you whether you like %__make more than plain "make".

$ rpm --eval %__make
/usr/bin/make

Considering that "make" has been in standard path for ages, is expected to
be in there and is not expected to move, %{__make} would be overuse of
macros, plays in the same league as:

$ rpm --eval %__rm
/bin/rm
$ rpm --eval %__cp
/bin/cp
$ rpm --eval %__mkdir_p
/bin/mkdir -p
$ rpm --eval %__install
/usr/bin/install
$ rpm --eval %__perl
/usr/bin/perl
$ rpm --eval %__python
/usr/bin/python
$ rpm --eval %__gzip
/usr/bin/gzip
$ rpm --eval %__bzip2
/usr/bin/bzip2

and others.

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux 2.6.12-1.1387_FC4