Trademarks

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Jul 4 02:05:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 03:18 +0200, Andreas Thienemann wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
>
> > I would expect that our legal folks will expect that other trademarks be
> > honored, just as we would expect our own trademarks to be honored.
> Does honoring a trademark mean that it should be mentionend in the spec
> that it is a trademark?
> Or does it mean it's not misappropriated?

I'm not a lawyer but I don't think it means it needs to be specified as
tm or (r) or whatever in either the name or summary. I do think it
should be noted in the description if the trademark is used in the
description - and of course any documentation indicating
trademark/ownership/etc should be packaged with %doc