Request for Review: binutils-mipsel

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Mon Jul 4 15:04:59 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 09:47 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 08:27 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > Yes, it's binutils for little-endian MIPS processors. This is the first
> > package in the mipsel toolchain.
>
> Is this meant to be run through a cross-compiler? Its a little early for
> me, but I would think that you'd want a piece of the mipsel toolchain to
> be compiled for mipsel.

No, it's meant to run on i386, ppc, etc. The target system is
mipsel-linux, but the host system is i386-linux, powerpc-linux, etc.
It's the first step in getting a cross compiler running. The part that
needs to be compiled for mipsel is glibc, and I haven't gotten there
just yet (still working on a minimal mipsel-linux-gcc).

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/