Request for review: ncview

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Jul 6 01:39:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 19:15 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> >  - it conflicts with a different ncview package that I'd
> >      like to separately submit to extras which actually
> >      *does* work
>
> The new package doesn't conflict with Ed's other ncview package.

Hi folks,

In addition to Spot's freshly polished opendap version, I'd like to
submit this ncview package for review:

  http://mitgcm.org/eh3/fedora_misc/ncview-1.92e-2.src.rpm
  http://mitgcm.org/eh3/fedora_misc/ncview.spec

It compiles and works for me on FC3 and FC4.

Ncview is a great little interactive utility for creating 1D/2D plots of
numerical data stored in netCDF files.  It can do animated loops and can
write output to files which, when combined with simple shell/ImageMagick
scripts, is a very convenient way to create simple "movies".

Please point out any blockers and I'll fix them ASAP.

thank you,
Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD