problem with rpmlib

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Jul 7 10:59:04 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 10:23 -0800, luya at jpopmail.com wrote:
> "This has *nothing* to do with rpmlib. It's strictly a spec file problem.
> Nor does it have anything to do with Fedora Extras, as that's a RPMForge
> package."
>
> You may be fight. I used the old spec files from Colin Charles
> (replacing RPMForce specs)
> It provides the same error that puzzle me.

Looking at the spec file - the changelog entry that Colic Charles has is
for a slightly older version than what the spec file packages - so I'm
guessing that the makefile changes since Colin worked on it, and became
less rpm friendly. I did not try to build it (or the older version),
just speculating what happened and why the spec file is now broken. It's
unfortunate, but sometimes developers write their makefiles to be
installed by root with make install and don't do the extra work needed
to make it rpm friendly (such as offering a switch to NOT do that stuff
in a buildroot)