Request for review: libifp

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 20:59:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 16:50 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> libifp: A general-purpose library-driver for iRiver's iFP portable audio
> players
>
> libifp is a general-purpose library-driver for iRiver's iFP
> (flash-based) portable audio players. The source code is pure C and is
> fairly portable.
>
> Also included is a console app that uses the library.
>
> http://fedora.ivazquez.net/files/extras/libifp.spec
> http://fedora.ivazquez.net/files/extras/libifp-1.0.0.1-1.src.rpm

Review:

rpmlint checks:
libifp-1.0.0.1-1.i386.rpm:
E: libifp outside-libdir-files /usr/bin/ifpline
libifp-devel-1.0.0.1-1.i386.rpm:
W: libifp-devel no-dependency-on libifp

You just need to add some spaces in the %devel area. Instead of:

Requires:      %{name}=%{version}-%{release}
use
Requires:      %{name} = %{version}-%{release}

The other error is rpmlint being stupid, and can be ignored.

Good:

- Meets Naming and PackagingGuidelines
- License OK (GPL), text included, matches code
- shared libraries handled properly
- devel package has correct files
- code not content
- spec file is legible, correct
- %clean is present
- macro use is consistent
- post/postun is correct for shared libs
- la files are deleted

Since the only blocker is minor, I'm approving this.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!