Request for Review: naim

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 20:53:28 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 11:44:22AM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
| Only odd thing that sticks out is why the requires on screen?  It looks
| like it gets used for the detach stuff and I can see it being useful,
| but not necessarily required.  I can be swayed either way, though since
| it does provide useful functionality.

I removed the screen dependency and disabled detach-mode.  I looked into
it a bit more and noticed that executing /detach in naim seems to improperly
detach the screen session and break the users console, requiring a `reset`.
Also, to resume your naim session you have to `screen -r` (as opposed to
`naim`, and having it automatically resume your session), which seems
pointless.  If people want to use screen, they can run it by hand (as
naim already requires the user to know how to resume sessions anyway).

This package is now imported into cvs, and is waiting to get APPROVED.

luke