Request for review: libifp

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 7 22:32:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 18:16 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> Unfortunately it doesn't. But I'll take a look at the files and tweak
> them as necessary, thanks.

Good to know. As far as I can see the library really needs some way of
turning the device over to the console owner to be useful - demanding
that it be run as root is just wrong. The files I attached are based on
what is used for both USB cameras and scanners so they would seem to be
close to the Fedora way of solving this problem at the moment.

The only tweaking I believe is necessary is to make sure that the script
("libifp") is executable. (Also, if I missed any device IDs they should
go in the usermap file of course.)

Cheers,
Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University