Request for review: libifp

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jul 8 09:55:10 UTC 2005

Per Bjornsson wrote :

> On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 18:16 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > Unfortunately it doesn't. But I'll take a look at the files and tweak
> > them as necessary, thanks.
>
> Works fine for me on FC4 as checked into Extras CVS (with the hotplug
> scripts). Looks good to go to me!

Neat. I'll give it a try later today too, then.

Does anyone have plans to also include a GUI application that uses libifp?
Last time I searched around, most of them still relied on much older
libifp versions (basically running the binaries instead of using the new
lib), and/or were in very early stages.

Up to now, I've always used libifp only once on each iRiver device I've
had, to just flash a USB Mass Storage firmware to the device, but the main
drawback is that song ordering in directories is pretty much randomly set
when using UMS (i.e. not alphabetical), which isn't the case with the
"manager" (so, using libifp) from what I've read.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.35_FC3
Load : 0.10 0.36 0.40