Approved - perl-DBD-SQLite

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jul 8 11:18:15 UTC 2005

Michael A. Peters wrote :

> > wait, what???
> >
> > it includes a duplicate copy of SQLite?
> >
> > That's kinda crack, isn't it?
>
> Yes. And the wiki about fc5 says Fedora wants to reduce that kind of
> thing.
>
> This summer I intend to try and patch the makefile so that it has the
> option of using system sqlite as that is better on the security end
> (regarding flaws in sqlite) and will try to get it upstream.

The same is true with the PHP sqlite module (both the "old" one, included
in PHP sources of 5.x, and the "new" one that uses PDO) :-( I really
wonder why authors choose to go in this direction...

If anyone wants to take a go at ripping out the sqlite sources from both
the PHP and perl modules, and have them link against shared libraries
instead, that would be great!

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.35_FC3
Load : 2.01 1.72 1.10