Nexuiz

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jul 8 11:51:34 UTC 2005

Adrian Reber wrote :

> On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 12:25:29PM +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
> > http://lisas.de/~adrian/rpm/nexuiz-1.0-2/
>
> So... Is the nexuiz package ready to be approved or does it need more
> work?

Attached is an updated spec (too many changes for a readable patch) :
- Better descriptions, as already suggested by Michael A. Peters.
- Consistency between "%{name}" and "nexuiz" usage in the spec.
- Consistency between tabs and spaces in the spec.
- Fix cat appends that could break with -bi --short-circuit.
- Simplify passing the optflags (without requiring patching).
- Version the makefile patch's name.
- Patch the default basedir to avoid the need for wrapper scripts.

Further changes I'd like to make :
- Maybe the nexus-data could be an independant package, and the others be
built from the "nexuizenginesource20050530.zip" source. This would prevent
bugfixes to the binaries to force a 150MB data update to mirrors and users
(definitely a good thing!), and also allow sharing the data between FC
archs and releases. Objections? Comments?
- The sources contain icons in a variety of different resolutions. What is
the proper way of using the icon cache etc. now? Would it be worth
including more than one?

I've tested the package with my changes... but without accelerated 3D
available, so it "works", but I couldn't actually play the game :-(

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.35_FC3
Load : 2.98 1.93 1.02