http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Sat Jul 9 15:56:07 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 16:05 +0200, Andreas Thienemann wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Jul 2005, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> > > And I consider it much better then __nogroup__.
> > It doesn't have to be. It's only a matter of inclusion into comps.xml.
> > I think part of the new package submission process, in addition to
> > "make bugzilla entry" should be "suggest group placements."
> Great. That fixes things for extras.
>
> But what if one uses repoview to catalog third party repositories?
> The possibility not to group by comps.xml catalog but by RPM group might
> be very appreciated.

Third party repositories are going to want to start providing a
comps.xml as well.  When the son of system-config-packages shows up with
the ability to add additional repositories, people are going to want to
have the categorization and the group tags are *not* the way to do it
for a variety of reasons.

Jeremy