New package: msmtp

Taylor Stearns taylor at haleph.com
Sat Jul 9 17:21:15 UTC 2005

On Wed 22, Taylor Stearns wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I've had some msmtp <http://msmtp.sourceforge.net> packages sitting around
> for a while that Lee-Win Tai cleaned up and suggested submitting to
> Extras.  So here it is:
>
> * msmtp (GPL):
> http://www.haleph.com/download/msmtp-1.4.1-2.src.rpm
>
> In the default mode, msmtp transmits a mail to an SMTP server (for example
> at a free mail provider) which does the delivery.  To use this program
> with your mail user agent (MUA), create a configuration file with your
> mail account(s) and tell your MUA to call msmtp instead of
> /usr/sbin/sendmail.

Ping.  I hope somebody out there found this useful; I need CVS
sponsorship to commit it, but I haven't heard any feedback regarding the
package.  A new version was released a few days ago which I updated the
spec for:
  http://www.haleph.com/download/rpms/msmtp-1.4.2-1.src.rpm

I would appreciate comments and/or criticism (or sponsorship).  Thanks.

--
Taylor Stearns
taylor at haleph.com