Review: perl-Template-Toolkit

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Jul 9 18:20:08 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 15:33 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

> perl-Template-Toolkit:
> Template processing system

I have had a package of this too for some time, so I merged it with
yours, results attached.

The changes should be mostly self explanatory, but here's a few comments
about bits that I think could use a second look:

- Like you noted, the GD tests are sort of old, fragile and broken by
design, so I don't mind taking your approach and simply disabling it
instead of tweaking.  "Fix" included for reference anyway, because I had
it around.

- I had an install time dependency on tetex-dvips and tetex-latex, but I
don't remember what app that was for.  If they're not installed, some
(not that often used, I think) parts of TT aren't functional.  But since
they're fairly large packages, I think it's acceptable to ask packages
that specifically need that (optional per se) functionality from TT to
pull them in.  So I didn't include this bit in the patch.

- The examples take some 50 kB in rpm size, and about 2 MB when
installed.  Dunno if worth excluding or if they should just be installed
in %doc (like the "docs" dir in this patch), you decide.

Feel free to commit to CVS and I'll recheck.