Request for review: cogito

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Sun Jul 10 19:33:37 UTC 2005

> Neil Horman, Chris Wright, and now you have all expressed interest in
> maintaining cogito. Previous requests were halted, due to concerns about
> the maturity level of the software. I suspect at this point its fine
> (and there is obviously demand). The three of you should figure out who
> will own this, then I'll be happy to review the end package.

I have no great desire to do it, just a desire to have it there and a
willingness to help make it happen.  No matter how immature it is, we are
using it today (and there is nothing very mature available to deal with
Linus's repositories).  So might as well have it easy to install.

If we can't put immature but packageable and usable software into Extras,
then we'll just have to have yet another infrastructure like Extras for us
to collaborate on the Fedora-standard nonstandard stuff.  I don't see why
anyone would want that.

Thanks,
Roland