Request for review: cogito

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Sun Jul 10 23:54:54 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 12:16 -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> In http://people.redhat.com/~roland/fedora/4/ please find cogito.spec,
> as well as a src.rpm and repodata you can use to install the binaries there.
>
> This is one of the GIT-based SCM tools, and apparently one of the most
> straightforward ways to track Linus's kernel development.
>
> I started with an upstream rpm and cleaned up the spec file.  It's pretty
> trivial.  I haven't actually put any packages into extras before, so I
> might have overlooked some conventions.  Please advise.

Ok, regardless of the unified or broken out git issue, I think this
package is ready to be included.  Here are a few questions on the spec
file:

- Is there a reason the Requires: list files instead of their respective
packages?

- coreutils is probably not needed as a requires since everything
requires it.  No harm in it being there though

- Is the Obsoletes: git needed?  In my limited knowledge, I'm just
wondering if this will cause upgrade problems when/if cogito and git are
split into separate packages in the future.

Other than that, I see no problems.  I look forward to using it :).

josh