http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/

Chris Ricker kaboom at oobleck.net
Mon Jul 11 16:36:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Yeah, that's the problematic thing here. For example, when the
> currently existing comps.xml was made, some of the stuff was easy
> (all Games grouped together, Development Tools, etc.)
>
> However, that only accounts for a subset of packages. Realistically,
> random libraries shouldn't be listed, except perhaps for the -devel
> pacakge in one of the development library groups. And some of the
> packages defy simple categorization, unless you have a group for each
> package. Which... no.

How to group is one issue

The other is how to include all the Fedora repositories. I realize that
livna is not / cannot officially be Fedora, for example, but it would
still be nice if this worked for them and others. How will 3rd-party
repositories extend? modify comps.xml in FC? or supplemental comps files
for each repository? or just not worry about it? or...?

later,
chris