buildsys update information

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Jul 12 05:51:54 UTC 2005

Hi Everyone,
 Wanted to give you a heads up on the build system status. Right now it
is still down. We've run into a snag where it seems like python on
x86_64 or ppc on FC4 is not playing nicely with the threading and
pyOpenSSL use by the buildsys code.

I'm going to testing this theory on a 'spare' machine tomorrow and if it
works out punting the build system boxes back to FC3 or RHEL4 for our
use. After that it should be all gravy and sunshine.(hah hah) Sorry for
the delay in getting things back up and running and please bear with us.

When the new system comes up you, as developers and submitters of jobs,
will have to add a couple of new files to your homedirs so you can
submit jobs. We'll be writing up where to get these files and what to do
with them once we have everything online.

Again, sorry for the hassle. It'll all be over soon and then you'll have
a whole new set of things to complain about! :)

-sv